This is my favourite herbal tea during winter as I always have the ingredients handy in the kitchen. It is so warming and helps relieve a sore throat.
- 500ml boiling water (in tea pot or flask)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 slices of ginger root (or 1 ginger tea bag)
- 2 slithers of red chilli (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey (preferable Manuka)
- Add all ingredients to boiling water in tea pot or flask and steep for 5 mins. Sip and enjoy!
- Turmeric can help supercharge your tea with its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral benefits. Ginger also holds anti-inflammatory properties to help reduce congestion associated with respiratory tract infections.
- Raw honey is a wonderful addition with its sweet taste but it can also help soothe sore throats. Manuka honey is regarded as the gold standard for immunity as it has medicinal properties including its antibiotic properties. Please note that processed honey doesn’t hold therapeutic benefits.
- Lemon nutritionally beneficial with its high vitamin C content.
Warm pear, fennel & lemon infusion
- 1/3 cup diced pear
- 1/4 cup diced fennel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Juice of half a lemon
Add pear, fennel, cinnamon and honey to a small saucepan with 1 cup of water. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Turn off heat and pour the contents into your flask. Top up with hot water as necessary and add the short infuser (this will hold the bits and pieces in as you drink). Allow to cool and infuse for a few minutes. Replenish with hot water for a second infusion once you’ve finished the first flask.
Recipe sourced from Made by Fressko: https://madebyfressko.com/recipe/warm-pear-fennel-lemon-infusion/